Provide Engineering leadership to effectively execute growth, cost savings and sustaining projects while providing facility, equipment, and process support to maximize quality, productivity, and reliability in a safe and effective manner. The incumbent reports to the Mill Manager.
The position is responsible for environmental activities at the Quakertown Mill site. Manages the necessary utilities of air, effluent, solid waste and water for the Quakertown Mill. Performance Materials is a specialty business having a wide and unique range of technical products, equipment and process requirements and technologies. The incumbent must stay abreast of new rules and regulations as they related to business.
- Coordinate all phases of project, from justification to start-up, including preliminary design studies, selection of equipment or vendors, and development and implementation of recommendations.
- Establishing project schedules by studying project plans and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of annual shutdowns.
- Provide technical assistance and training to crews during the course of the year.
- Identify and implement best practices between sites.
Facility Environmental Compliance
- Monitor environmental activities and ensure environmental regulatory compliance at the Quakertown Mill (PA DEP, EPA, etc.).
- Ensure Corporate environmental Performance Standards are met and documented.
- Maintain an environmental plan/compliance schedule and coordinate regulatory compliance activities, including required reporting.
- Lead program owner for Asbestos, Air Contaminants, Combustible Dust, Hazard Communication, Hazwoper, Carcinogens, Hexavalent Chromium, Storm Water Managements, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure, Pollution Incident Prevention Plan, Hazardous Waste and Universal Waste Handling.
- Review all new raw materials and new and upgraded grade specifications for environmental and regulatory compliance.